If you are thinking of branching out into the world of studio portrait photography and are puzzled by the daunting world of portraiture lighting, this seminar is for you.
Take control of your lighting environment and produce the style you envision by understanding the properties of light and the manipulation possible with light modifiers.
Lighting for Portraiture is a unique workshop that allows you to get up close and personal with the equipment used to capture award-winning images from the top professionals. Presented is a thorough discussion of:
- Comprehensive explanation of the different types of light and their properties, including color temperature, specularity and intensity.
- Quality and importance of light and exposure in photography and with the use of digital image capturing.
- Discussion of the similarities and differences between film and digital image capture and the effects of the different types of light in both mediums.
- Discussion and illustration of different types of lighting products: tungsten bulbs and reflectors, portable electronic flash, studio flash, daylight fluorescent and new LED continuous light sources.
- How to control light using numerous types of light modifiers including collapsible reflectors, umbrellas, soft boxes and collapsible soft boxes with comprehensive demonstration and tips in indoor and outdoor manipulation of light.
- Posing and light pattern technique through the use of live demonstrations and models.
Bring your camera so you can learn first hand and see the results of different techniques, light modifiers and types of light. Lighting set-up and live model is provided so you can get the most out of this informative seminar.
Bring your camera, with mid range zoom lens, so you can learn first hand and see the results of different techniques and light modifiers. Lighting set-up and live model is provided so you can get the most out of this informative seminar.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of manual exposure and be able to set their DSLR for custom white balance.
Intermediate beginner through advanced.
David Piazza, National Accounts Manager, F.J. Westcott Co.
Gaining a love for photography during high school David Piazza received formal photographic training at Newcastle Polytechnic in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. Now with over 30 years of experience in the photographic industry, shooting weddings, portraits, event photography and managing color labs, and presently Westcott National Accounts Manager, David has also had the unique opportunity of working with the most renowned photographers in our industry today. Dave will walk you step-by-step through the basics of image capture and lighting into some of the most desired lighting techniques.
For tickets and event information, please visit: eventbrite.com