As many of you remember, back in September during Photoshop World 2010 in Las Vegas, we worked together with the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) to come up with the shootout of the year! With all the feedback and images we received, it went above and beyond everyone’s expectations! With this contest, we organized an amazing opportunity for every photographer to increase their portfolio using our Spiderlite TD5 Constant Lights. The only thing we asked – SHOOT AWAY!
We also launched with the shootout a contest for the opportunity to be on the Westcott 2011 Catalog Cover. As part of the contest, the images were to be submitted on our Flickr Page. At the end of the contest, we had a total of 848 images! With that many images it was quite difficult for us to choose the winners. So, we enlisted the help of some Westcott Top Pro Photographers to choose the winners.
NOW, for the big announcement everyone has been waiting for – the WINNERS!
After all the votes were in and the Westcott Top Pros discussions were made, our Top 3 Images.
1st PLACE WINNER: Regina Pagles
2nd PLACE WINNER: Corey Ransberg
3rd PLACE WINNER: Laura McClure
Congratulations to all of our winners! It was a tough decision but are excited to announce our final three!
We want to send a special thank you to EVERYONE who submitted images for this contest as well as NAPP for having PSW! We hope everyone had a great time at PSW 2010 in Vegas and we look forward to seeing everyone at PSW 2011 in Orlando!
- What type of lighting did you use for the shootout? We used our Spiderlite TD5 Constant Lights. Currently we have an amazing promotion running for the holiday season. Click here for more information on the promotion.
- What backdrops were used in the shoot? We used our new Modern Vintage Onyx Background for one of the sets, as well as Barbour Backdrops and printed our own background for the ‘Cat Woman’ set.
- How can I purchase these lights? We have a Dealer Locator on our website that will help you find the closest dealer in your area.
- How do I receive more information on how to use these lights? Currently we have a Pro Tip Video area on our website. Coming soon in 2011, we will be launching Westcott University that will have all types of photography education including lighting education. Subscribe to our E-News to stay on top of this release.
- Does Westcott plan on doing this for future PSWs? Yes! We had such an amazing time working with NAPP on the shootout and look forward to providing this to attendees in the future!
For other questions or information, please email us or call at 419.243.7311.