As part of Summit Online‘s team of photography instructors, Westcott Top Pro Matt Hernandez takes a senior portrait session outdoors to offer tips on capturing professional images for your clients.
A key to a successful senior portrait session is to maximize your time in each location. By taking a variety of images in each spot, you can impress your client with an array of portraits from just a shot period of time.
There are many ways to change up your images and best maximize each location…
- Vary your position and camera angle
- Vary your clients poses – while being sure that they are comfortable
- Use a 70-200mm zoom lens – capture tight, middle, and wide frames
- Switch between vertical and horizontal frames
- Vary your clients facial expressions
- If possible, have a second camera and lens ready-to-go
- Vary the position of your light(s)
For this senior portrait session, Matt is using a strobe with the Rapid Box XXL. This umbrella-style modifier is perfect for on-location portraiture. The Rapid Box XL and XXL setup instantly and feature a built-in speedring, eliminating the need for excess adapters or brackets. These modifiers also come standard with an inner and outer diffusion cloth, allowing photographers to vary the specularity of their light.
You can watch more of Matt’s Ultimate Portrait Session by visiting Summit Online.co.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.